Admin, please help?

Friendly chat, questions, reviews, find old friends or relatives. Not limited to Sydenham only issues but keep it civil!
bradfordroadgirl

Admin, please help?

Post by bradfordroadgirl »

I'm trying to reply to a message and it goes to my outbox, not showing as sent. I have 3 of these. Not sure what to do to make them 'send' ..... can you please speed them on their way?
Not sure what I'm doing wrong here :(

Many thanks :oops:
Tim Lund

Re: Admin, please help?

Post by Tim Lund »

You'll be doing nothing wrong. It's the person you're pm'ing not picking it up. Either they've not been on line, or not worked out how to read pm's, or doesn't want to. You could try posting here to say who it is, so letting them know you're trying to make contact.
Annie.

Post by Annie. »

Maybe it depends on how many you have in your "saved box" ? You might need to clear some of these? Just a thought.
Rachael

Post by Rachael »

No, Annie, it's just the way PMs here work. It stays in your Outbox until it's been read by the recipient.
bradfordroadgirl

Post by bradfordroadgirl »

Thanks for the help :) I was answering a message sent to me but maybe the person doesn't come here that often (I'm guilty of that, too!)
I shall sit it out
mosy

Post by mosy »

Unless a post specifically asks for replies by PM, it's usually better to put a note on the actual thread saying "I've sent you a PM." This because there's no indicator that one has a new PM unless one specifically checks one's User page. I find it's best to select the Notify By Email option if new PM received, though I guess not everyone has that selected so if not could still miss your PM unless looking especially.

Edit, sorry, didn't read properly that you replied to a PM. In that case, back to square one, if still in your outbox just not read by intended recipient yet for whatever reason.
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

There is a notification when you login that there is a new PM awaiting you. Its red and when you click on it you go straight to the PM. Its hard to miss on the default theme.

I'm sending you one Mosy right now to demonstrate ...

Admin
mosy

Post by mosy »

Ah, thanks Admin and yes, I did get/can see red banner alert that a new PM has arrived being logged in; also an email alert arrived as expected of new PM (as I've selected that option) whether logged in here or not of course, so all good.

Thank you for clarifying.