PRINTMAKING IN SYDENHAM

Friendly chat, questions, reviews, find old friends or relatives. Not limited to Sydenham only issues but keep it civil!
Fairlawner

PRINTMAKING IN SYDENHAM

Post by Fairlawner »

Hi

I was wondering if anyone in Sydenham knows of a local (south East London) Print Makers/ Screen Printers that allows people to use their facilities? I am looking to screen print some of my art and am interested in any info anyone may have.

Cheers,

Jim
sydeman

Re: PRINTMAKING IN SYDENHAM

Post by sydeman »

HI Jim. i dont know of any specifically, but would second your request as i do screen printing as well. I know of studios up near London Bridge which charge about £50 a day or something similar, with a joining fee, and looks like good facilities. I do all mine in at Lewisham Adult Ed centre near Lewisham Station but thats because i have joined a class there. A local studio would be useful.
paultreacy

Post by paultreacy »

Strange, I was thinking about screen printing just the other day. Would love to try it again. Haven't done so for a very long time. Would like to try screen printing some calligraphy onto t-shirts. But will I ever find the time? Hmmm.
Chris Best

Post by Chris Best »

Take a look at the CEL Prospectus http://www.lewisham.gov.uk/SiteCollecti ... pectus.pdf - page 15 has the silk screening classes. There is a Saturday class starting on the 14 January - standard cost is £4 per hour plus materials.
sydeman

Post by sydeman »

Just want to follow on from Chris's comment and say CEL offer excellent classes of very good standard and even though i pay full wack, i think the cost is incredibly reasonable. I have been doing the screen printing class for a year or so now, and before that etching, and would recommend it fully