policev response to intrudor in garden

Friendly chat, questions, reviews, find old friends or relatives. Not limited to Sydenham only issues but keep it civil!
catwoman

policev response to intrudor in garden

Post by catwoman »

I was woken in the early hours by my dog barking at the back door. At first i ignored it, thinking it was a fox, but the dog was distressed, so i opened the door and let him out. It was bitch black and i couldn't see a thing but i heard a young man asking me to let him in my house because people were chasing him. i told him i couldn't let him in and locked the dogs out in the garden while my daughter called the police.
It took the police fifteen minuets to arrive and when they did get to us they barely checked the garden and they didn't even bother checking my neighbours gardens for the man. They seemed as if they were more concerned about getting their boots dirty in the garden.
The young man seemed quite stressed and for all the police know could of been hurt and now be lying dead in one of the gardens, but they just passed him off as a burglar trying his luck.
They didn't even seem to believe me at first that there had been someone in the garden until i told them that he had spoken to me. I think they should have been more thorough as he could of been dangerous and approached someone else more vulnerable than myself
Thomas

Post by Thomas »

Hmm, surprised no-one's responded so far to this. Have you spoken to the police since then? I'm in no position to say whether or not the police did the right thing, but perhaps a call to them might be helpful.
Eagle

Post by Eagle »

I am quite impressed they arrived in 15 mins.
Has the intruder revisited you?
If you said you had waved a knife at the intruder from the window they would have been round in a flash
bensonby

Post by bensonby »

Thomas wrote:Hmm, surprised no-one's responded so far to this.
what's there to say really?
bensonby

Post by bensonby »

Eagle wrote:I am quite impressed they arrived in 15 mins.
without knowing the full facts of what was said to the control-room operator that's not a bad response time on the face of it....

If you said you had waved a knife at the intruder from the window they would have been round in a flash
Ah, snide comments based on very limited understanding of criminal law and a mis-represented populist news story. Anyhow, let's not let facts get in the way of an excuse for outrage and resentment.

Daily Mail again?
Eagle

Post by Eagle »

Bensonby
Incident with the knife well reported and even commented by David Cameron. I do not purchase the publication mentioned by you.
Are you saying this did not happen?
bensonby

Post by bensonby »

Eagle wrote: Incident with the knife well reported
badly reported...
and even commented by David Cameron.
quite...
Eagle

Post by Eagle »

As you seem to have been an actual witmess would appreviate the actual facts rather than just badly reported.