Another butt ugly building for Sydenham

The place for serious discussion, announcements and breaking news about Sydenham
Ulysses

Post by Ulysses »

Thank you for pulling back from the brink with me Wispy Wonder.

No harm done, no offense caused. It did take me aback slightly to read that bit but I think we were both prodding each other to try and invoke a reaction so I am sure I caused some of the ire. For what it's worth I was trying to play on the Harry Enfield character, Mr Chumley-Warner, and poke fun at those who hark for halycon days.

Of course, not at you personally but at the stance.

Anyway, I do empathise. A fairly high-density (for Sydenham) development will really put pressure on Newlands Park and Homecroft Road [which is roughly where I believe you live] for parking spots. Of course, it would have been too much trouble financially for the developer to factor in on-site parking provision! As ever. Which is the real shame of it.

For what it's worth my main home [God I sound like a bloody MP!] is on Knighton Park Road. When I moved here there was a God awful garage on the corner. By the time the sale went through there's now the smart (I think anyway...before they put that honking great neon sign on it) new Hexagon Housing offices. That's the upside. Now there's much more pressure on spots to park. All the lower-level employees seem to park on my road as there aren't enough spots in THEIR own car-park. This has a domino effect all the way up to the very top of the road to where I am. That's the downside.

Progression and regression, all at once.
Nickerbockers

Post by Nickerbockers »

ALIB wrote:yet another discussion descends into a persaonal tirade....**sigh**
I know... plus I don't think of myself as thick, but some of the words these two are using - way over my head!! :?
Ulysses

Post by Ulysses »

Nickerbockers wrote:
ALIB wrote:yet another discussion descends into a persaonal tirade....**sigh**
I know... plus I don't think of myself as thick, but some of the words these two are using - way over my head!! :?
Are you saying "He's embiggened that role with his cromulent performance." nickerbockers?

BTW - that's a quote from a very famous Simpsons episode.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lisa_the_Iconoclast