Scouts in Sydenham

The place for serious discussion, announcements and breaking news about Sydenham
Chrise

Scouts in Sydenham

Post by Chrise »

Sydenham has three Scout groups, My group the 2nd Sydenham is based at St Michaels's Church hall, Champion Crescent SE26. Scouting is open to boys and girls from the ages of 6-25. The 2nd Sydenham goup curently has vacancies for Beaver Scous (6-8) Cub Scots (8-10) and Scouts (10-14) The 2nd Sydenham has been in existance since 1938 and in 2007 Scouting will be 100 years old. Scouting offers many oportunities for young people such as camping, climbing, rifle shooting, games, crafts and trips out. If anyone would like further information please e mail me chrise@fsmail.net. We also have a vacancy for an assistant Beaver leader and adult helper.
Rebelmc

Post by Rebelmc »

Chrise, any idea if my old group are still going?

I was a long term member and then leader with the 7th Camberwell/Dulwich; it was an interesting group insofar as it was split into two packs, one based at St Michaels church hall in College Road (the 'wood' pack, where I was) and the other in Dulwhich itself (the 'village' pack), we also had a unusual scarf colour, which as far as we knew, was unique amongst Scout groups anywhere in the World.
Chrise

Scouts in Sydenham

Post by Chrise »

The 7th Camberwell group is still going and is in the newly formed Albany district.
Chrise

Post by Chrise »

We still have vacancies for Beavers, Cub and Scouts. Beavers meet on Tuesday's 5.15pm-6.30pm. Cubs meet from 6.45pm-8pm and Scouts meet on Wednesday evenings. Weekly sub's are only £2.50. For further information e mail me on chrise@fsmail.net
Chrise

Post by Chrise »

2007 is the centenary year of Scouting and there will be lots of exciting things going on for young people. If your son/daughter would like to join, please get in touch.
Chrise

Post by Chrise »

If you have a couple of hours to spare a week, why not consider becoming a volunteer leader. The rewards are high and you will be making a positive contribution to the development of young people aged from 6 years onwards. The Scout association provides full training and there is also a great social life. e mail me if you are interested. chrise@fsmail.net.