5-a-side footie

Home of 5-a-side footie and any other Sydenham Club who needs a forum for discussion or planning
parklife

Post by parklife »

Ulysses - Nick picking me up at 8.10 if you want a lift
Middlesbrough

Post by Middlesbrough »

Can i offer Venables and Robson (Boro - 2000)?
parklife

Post by parklife »

Brian Clough and Peter Taylor ?
Ulysses

Post by Ulysses »

@ Parklife. Cheers fella. See you at yours for 8.10.

No news from Dickie? If either he or SB can confirm for tomorrow it'd be excellent. Not only would we have a record attendance but we'd have a nice round game of 8-a-side.

16 eh? The giddy heights! Do they have an 11s pitch over there? OK, getting carried away with myself as ever now.
Tarbs

Post by Tarbs »

I have just spent half my lunchbreak catching up on the comments since last week and I haven't enjoyed myself so much in years...

PS. cyclesteve. goal was from inside the area... shame
Ulysses

Post by Ulysses »

I'll put something on SB's Facebook wall (Rory) to see if he can make it to even up a nice round 16.

It was his birthday last Wednesday, hence his non-attendance.

Now you're stalking!

BTW 'Chazza' is called Stephen. His surname is Charlesworth. This might explain why once he said he was called 'CharlesWorth' everyone was shouting for Charles to pass and I was the only one calling out Stephen...

Sure he doesn't mind but these are how Donny-isms occur.
Chazza

Post by Chazza »

Indeed I don't mind at all Greg, in fact I think I've had every possible variation as a nickname at some point. Of course, on those numerous occasions when I shoot at goal and miss, when you're standing on the edge of the box, in loads of space, screaming for a pass, you might want to call me something a bit more vulgar.
biscuitman1978

Post by biscuitman1978 »

Middlesbrough wrote:Can i offer Venables and Robson (Boro - 2000)?
Yes. Good one.
parklife wrote:Brian Clough and Peter Taylor ?
Very much a managerial partnership in reality, but I don't think they were ever officially joint managers, so I can't include that one.

Can I add Roy McFarland and Colin Todd (Bolton Wanderers)?
leenewham

Post by leenewham »

Don't ask me because I am TERRIBLE at football, but I thought I'd make it known that two five aside football pitches will be marked out in Home Park soon with goalposts and nets available if anyone is interested.
sydenhamboy

Post by sydenhamboy »

OK thanks chaps I'll come along and round the numbers up then. All I'm good for really :roll:

see u chaps on wednesday
Columbus

Post by Columbus »

Biscuitman - how could you forget Quinn/Gooding ? ? ?
Joe Pineapples

Post by Joe Pineapples »

It still might be uneven numbers tonight (lost count to be honest) - Big Phil has had to pull out through illness.
Ulysses

Post by Ulysses »

leenewham wrote:Don't ask me because I am TERRIBLE at football, but I thought I'd make it known that two five aside football pitches will be marked out in Home Park soon with goalposts and nets available if anyone is interested.
Interesting Lee. I've sent you a couple of questions on FB re: these pitches.

I think Joe Pineapples that we're back at 15. Send Big Phil my best. No matter. Anyone heard from Trickster? It's not like him to be this late (well, ok, perhaps it is) and simply not let anyone know.
Joe Pineapples

Post by Joe Pineapples »

Might be mistaken but didn't Tricky say after footie last week, that he wouldn't be around this week?
biscuitman1978

Post by biscuitman1978 »

Trickster has just confirmed by text that he has made other plans for tonight.
Chazza

Post by Chazza »

Sorry I had to leave in a rush tonight lads. I pulled a quad and it put me in a crap mood as I'm training for a tri at the moment and it's going to put me back a few weeks. Great game on the big pitch, see you next week if I'm up to it!
Ulysses

Post by Ulysses »

Great game tonight. I really enjoyed it and hope our 2 casualties have recovered sufficiently by next week.

Please post your availability for Weds 16th June. The usual drill; if we have enough confirmed by Monday lunchtime (or earlier) then I'll book the 7s pitch again.

Please also have a think about the following week. England are playing their 3rd WC game on Weds 23rd. What do you suggest we do?
biscuitman1978

Post by biscuitman1978 »

Yep, good game tonight.

I'm in for Wednesday. I'm also in for the following Wednesday if others are keen - the England match is 3pm so it'll be over well before we kick off and show them how it's done.

Let me know if anyone is still up for watching the England match on Saturday evening. The Dolphin (yes, the Dolphin) is showing it, so that's my venue of choice.
Ulysses

Post by Ulysses »

As regards the 23rd so long as we can cobble together at least 8 players for the 5s pitch then I think it's worth doing. I too will be available and looking to play that week.

Just thought I'd throw another idea out there. The kitty currently stands at £78.26p and to be honest mostly it's utilised to give out change to those who are still paying in notes (guilty as charged here).

What do people think to using some of that to pay for a team ball? I appreciate Lem has a ball and bibs but what if he's missing one week. I'm sure we'd be able to source bibs and a ball elsewhere but we're moving from a rag-tag bunch of no hopers to a fairly regular group of a decent standard...having a ball and/or bibs that belong to all of us makes sense, to me at least. Or are the orange bibs and ball 'ours' already?
parklife

Post by parklife »

Hi Ulysses,
hope you got lift ok after game.Nick and I outside and you left when we return to main bar.
I'm on hols next week and in pub on 23rd.
However, from 30 June you can take Nick and I as an 'assumed' .
I will try to last the whole game next time!

Biscuitman - I will be in Golden Lion saturday - but will pop over road to Dolphin for half time analysis with you