NEW GREYHOUND - 1st IMPRESSIONS?

The place for serious discussion, announcements and breaking news about Sydenham
Eagle

Post by Eagle »

Not sure what we have to do to ensure we get a devolpment we want, if that is possible. I am afraid I am very cynical and that a housing devolpment will be imposed on us in the so called national interest
McLondres

Post by McLondres »

Cathy wrote:Eagle and gillyjp, totally in agreement. Just think how fantastic The Greyhound can be again, that is what Sydenham really needs, somewhere FANTASTIC to eat, like the pubs in the countryside serving good, wholesome food, fine ales, somewhere you will want to travel to, tables outside, a lovely green car parking area...NOT SURROUNDED BY UGLY FLATS THAT SYDENHAM JUST DOESN'T NEED! WE NEED SOMETHING WE CAN BE PROUD OF AND SHOW OFF!
what about A WETHERSPOONS?
Annie

Post by Annie »

McLondres wrote:
Cathy wrote:Eagle and gillyjp, totally in agreement. Just think how fantastic The Greyhound can be again, that is what Sydenham really needs, somewhere FANTASTIC to eat, like the pubs in the countryside serving good, wholesome food, fine ales, somewhere you will want to travel to, tables outside, a lovely green car parking area...NOT SURROUNDED BY UGLY FLATS THAT SYDENHAM JUST DOESN'T NEED! WE NEED SOMETHING WE CAN BE PROUD OF AND SHOW OFF!
what about A WETHERSPOONS?
Yes please! :lol:
Cathy

Post by Cathy »

NOPE, NOT A WITHERINGSPOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOON - not countryfied enough for me... :evil:
Chazza

Post by Chazza »

McLondres wrote:what about A WETHERSPOONS?
I'd rather have a sewage works.
Dorian

Post by Dorian »

Thats pretty close to what we will be getting if you look at the plans !
Gaz

Post by Gaz »

McLondres wrote: what about A WETHERSPOONS?
Nah, we've already got the Capitol in FH and the quasi-Wetherspoon's Windmill along Kirkdale. What we need is a Lloyd No.1 Bar! :D
Eagle

Post by Eagle »

I would like to speak up for the new management at The Windmill. Beer excellent and starting food cooked on premises. Lovely Pub.
Nothing whatever to do with Wetherspoon following the sale years ago.
McLondres

Post by McLondres »

Gaz wrote:
McLondres wrote: what about A WETHERSPOONS?
Nah, we've already got the Capitol in FH and the quasi-Wetherspoon's Windmill along Kirkdale. What we need is a Lloyd No.1 Bar! :D
Are you taking the piss? I was.