Lewisham Planning in la la land?

The place for serious discussion, announcements and breaking news about Sydenham
Eagle

Re: Lewisham Planning in la la land?

Post by Eagle »

Public transport in rush hour periods out of area packed. Roads inadequate for long ish journeys.

Any major private employers are going to be in Thames Estuary , or West London.

Whose is going to afford all these new houses , if and when they are built? Let the devolpers build the ones they already have permission for before rules relaxed.

The person who invented the Green Belt's in Britain should be made a Saint.
simon

Post by simon »

leenewham wrote:the green portacabins opposite are really bad.
I have to disagree Lee. I think they loook good; different and distinctive. More importantly though they look like nice places to live, with small gardens and even garden sheds and pretty spacious inside. I was brought up in a post war low rise council flat of the ubiquitos design of the Bellingham estate and I can assure you that we would have loved to have lived in one of those "green portacabins" instead.
leenewham

Post by leenewham »

People said the same thing about the new tower blocks over victorian housing stock Simon ;-). But if they have more space and gardens over what was there before then that at least is an improvement.

My family has lived in flats, 60's bungalows, post war housing, corrugated post war pre-fabs and large (cheap and cold) victorian houses. Looking at the places that still exist today, it's amazing how the older places look better looked after and more loved than the more modern, charmless places.

But I guess that is another debate!