GREYHOUND WALL ART: WE NEED YOUR IMAGES

The place for serious discussion, announcements and breaking news about Sydenham
leenewham

GREYHOUND WALL ART: WE NEED YOUR IMAGES

Post by leenewham »

This is a visual of the winning artwork that will appear on the rear wall of the Greyhound Pub (although the final one will be a little different to this with a lower horizon so the greyhound is more visible). It's an image of a Greyhound made up of images of Sydenham.

TO MAKE IT WORK WE NEED YOUR IMAGES.

They can be anything to do with Sydenham. Old photos, family photo’s, landscapes, artworks, doodles, images of parks, places, people…anything Sydenham related. There is no limit to the amount of images you can send in (but we will edit and vet them).

They need to be supplied digitally as high a resolution as possible. They’ll be cropped square (around 10cm x 10 cm)

You’ll need to fill in a disclaimer online, please don’t forget to do this before submitting your images:

We have set up a mechanism for getting your permission to use the images for the mural (you retain copyright) and collecting images via our blog (see below).

http://whatifsydenham.wordpress.com/201 ... l-artwork/
Annie.

Re: GREYHOUND WALL ART: WE NEED YOUR IMAGES

Post by Annie. »

Hi Lee,
How long have we got to come up with something.

[ Post made via Mobile Device ] Image
leenewham

Post by leenewham »

It's all on the blog Annie. Basically the deadline is October the 8th.
It's as easy as 1, 2, 3.

1. Click on the link. http://whatifsydenham.wordpress.com/201 ... l-artwork/
2. Sign the form. http://greyhoundwall.wufoo.com/forms/gr ... sion-form/
3. Email the images via the email at the end of the form (I'm not telling you what it is as I need you to go through the process first).

The form just asks for your name and name of images and asks for permission to use the images you send on the wall. Nothing scary. We will ONLY use them on the wall.

Thankyou.
Annie.

Post by Annie. »

I looked on there already Lee,I must of missed the cut off date,I wasnt being Lazy

leenewham

Post by leenewham »

Not good enough Annie. Stand in the corner and no supper. ;-)
Annie.

Post by Annie. »

Had another look and redeemed myself!

I know Im probably being thick? (no need to answer that!) but I tapped into the greyhound link and it doesnt go into anything. Am I doing it right?

leenewham

Post by leenewham »

I just tested it again and it worked.

We have had a fair amount of images and people sign up already.

If anyone has any problems, please let me know.
Annie.

Post by Annie. »

must be me then,I filled in the form, went to the greyhound picture,tapped the email for the greyhound, which sends you to another pic of the greyhound with the email add that you cant tap? am I wrong? :)
leenewham

Post by leenewham »

Ah, I see what you did.

You need to fill out the form then email. You can't just click on the image, wordpress doesn't allow you to do that.

You’ll need to submit the images by the 8th of October 2012 to: greyhoundwall@gmail.com

You’ll need to fill in this disclaimer online, please don’t forget to do this before submitting your images:

http://greyhoundwall.wufoo.com/forms/gr ... sion-form/
leenewham

Post by leenewham »

Some great images so far, keep them coming.

Any olympic ones would be good.
Art festival ones.
Street parties.
Locals artists.
Ronski

Post by Ronski »

Can you take them direct from the Festival pool?
http://www.flickr.com/groups/sydenhamartsfestival/
marymck

Post by marymck »

Have you thought about including Professor Branestawm? One of my favourite characters as a child. The author, Norman Hunter, was born and brought up in Venner Road. The 1933 editions were illustrated by W. Heath Robinson. I think the Heath Robinson estate would be keen. I've PM'd you.
Tim Lund

Post by Tim Lund »

marymck wrote:Have you thought about including Professor Branestawm? One of my favourite characters as a child. The author, Norman Hunter, was born and brought up in Venner Road. The 1933 editions were illustrated by W. Heath Robinson. I think the Heath Robinson estate would be keen. I've PM'd you.
I remember these books, and enjoyed them as a child. The images are probably still in copyright - Penguin Books or maybe the estate of W. Heath Robinson

marymck

Post by marymck »

Tim - it's the Estate of W.Heath Robinson - I had checked it out and PM'd Lee.
leenewham

Post by leenewham »

RONKSI: I need permissions to use the images, I can't just take them. I have asked though, so fingers crossed.

Tim and Mary, Yes that would be great.

If anyone else has a local hero they would like to include in the wall, then feel free to get in touch with the respective society and find an image worthy of submission (as long as you have permission to submit it of course!).
Rachael

Post by Rachael »

Lee - just sent mine, will probably send some more!

A small nitpick - we are directed to fill in the disclaimer before emailing. When I did this, I got redirected to a 'thank you' page from the form hosting site. I had to click back to find the email address. It would be helpful if you could redirect people back to where they can find the email address once they have filled in the form.
leenewham

Post by leenewham »

Hi RSD,

Ok we will look into this.

Thanks,
Lee
leenewham

Post by leenewham »

We don't have any budget to buy images for the wall, we will have to appeal to any publishers sense of good will for copyrighted images like the book.

We have now received a small amount of the prize money from Purelake after almost 3 months of asking which has covered some of our costs so far (not including time!) and posters will be going out soon (they turned up today).

If anyone has a blog or a facebook page, please spread the word. I've asked the Sydsoc, Bake, Sydenham Town Website among others to help by publicising/blogging/tweeting/facebooking the links about collecting the images as well as admin to see if we can get it on the front page of this website (most links comes from here from any event we publicise but about 9-1).

All of this will be a great help. Perhaps ask people you know if they have sent in images or post it on your Facebook page if you have one.

We have now added the email address to send images to after the submission form has been filled out.

Many thanks,

Lee & the team at Designed By Good People.
leenewham

Post by leenewham »

I'd like to say a big thankyou everyone who has submitted images so far (I can't name them all, there are quite a few right now) but a bit thanks for the extra efforts of Mary and especially Steve Grindley.

One question I will pose to you all, who thinks we should we include images of the Crystal Palace in the mural?

Yes or no?
Annie.

Post by Annie. »

Yes