WHAT IF no6: KENTE UPDATED!

The place for serious discussion, announcements and breaking news about Sydenham
sydmob

Post by sydmob »

I think we should support Kente and other businesses willing to make improvements, which is why I'm proposing SYDMOB (you might have seen the separate post already).

How? Sydenham gives extra trade to a business on an agreed date(s) and time, in return they make a commitment to set a side a % of those sales. Together we rise the money to do those improvements, everyone wins!

This could make a difference if enough of us get involve.
goonerchamp

Post by goonerchamp »

This is a great idea - only problem is that Im pretty sure 90% of sydenham residents don't know this site exsists and therefore won't see this idea etc.

This is the sort of thing we need to put in the the SE26 Magazine that goes through people letterboxes (instead of advert for businesses in Dulwich which it seems to have at the moment). :!:

Maybe getting this idea out there via as many mediums as possible would get this off the ground and make other businesses come to us to want to participate rather than our approaching them :lol:

C.
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

Goonerchamp - you are right. The majority of Sydenham people don't know about this site. It took a lot of effort to get it to Number 1 on Google for 'Sydenham' so it is not hard to find. Any search on Sydenham or SE26 should put it in front of you. This suggests that not enough Sydenhamites care about what's going on in Sydders online.

So perhaps I could ask if you could do something to promote this site if you value it. Mention it to neighbours, ask shopkeepers if they know they are listed (or not). This is not a commercial enterprise so it is up to the community to promote and use it - or let it just become a niche chatshop.

How do I get mobbed?

Admin
sydmob

Post by sydmob »

90% of people wouldn't know about this forum? I honestly thought it was better known than that.

But I agree with you Goonerchamp, if this idea is going to stand a chance it needs to reach as much people as possible. A handful of sydmob supporters having a coffee on a random Sunday won't raise much money!

I'll try to make it to the Sydenham assembly tonight to share this idea with more people. Will also meet with whoever is interested this Saturday at 10:30am in Kente. Hopefully there will be some interest!
kente

Post by kente »

Really like the last design have sent it to a local sign company for quotes and suggestions for varing materials(not plastic)that could be used.
leenewham

Post by leenewham »

Hi Kente,

well, let me buy YOU a cappuccino. That's great news.

See you tomorrow.

10.30 am.

Anyone else want to come for a chat about how we can make Sydenham better, talk about Sydmob* etc is welcome.

*Sydmob ISN'T me...but she's wonderful.
tulip1

Post by tulip1 »

While I like the current shop front, Lee's new design is also smart and tasteful. I must say that when looking at Lee's photos, the bright white surround appears more clean, eye catching and draws more attention than the Farrow and Ball grey. I think the soft grey makes the shop surround look a little faded, aged and worn rather than eye catching.

It's great that we've got so many people interested in improving the high street and this has become more than a "virtual" exercise on this forum. :)
Gaz

Post by Gaz »

Yep, congratulations Lee (and Kente and contributors!) for coming up with such a great design. :D