Local Bicycle store...

Friendly chat, questions, reviews, find old friends or relatives. Not limited to Sydenham only issues but keep it civil!
stone28

Local Bicycle store...

Post by stone28 »

Hi All,

Looking to buy Mountain Bike for my wife, and not sure where are the best (or just any) local bicycle stores. I know there is one in Catford - Compton Cycles, but would like to visit some more.... I would like to try few ones so it would be good if its not one bicycle in stock at the moment type store ;-).

Any addresses? Can be anywere in Sydenham, Dulwich, Herne Hill, Forest Hill, Beckenham, etc......

Thank you very much in advance for advice.

Stone28
poppy

Post by poppy »

Hi Stone

I think there might be a shop in Penge, Maple Road, I think. It is not very big though. A friend mentioned one in Herne Hill but I have not been there and do not know their address.

P
mummycat

Post by mummycat »

I would really recommend Compton's Cycles. Daddycat just bought a bike there and they give excellent customer service.

If you're thinking of buying a bike, then you can get a discount if you join the London Cycling Campaign: http://www.lcc.org.uk/. It's a good cause and you'll get your membership costs back.
DanW

Post by DanW »

Dean's Garage is popular with a few friends in Beckenham, it's just off of the roundabout by the cinema - Croydon Rd exit

Dean's Garage
439 Croydon Road Beckenham Kent BR3 3PP
Tel :020 86500630
umbrella

Post by umbrella »

There's a fairly new bike shop opened up on Creek Road in Greenwich, Cycles UK. It's about 200 metres west of Deptford Creek. Popped in there on my commute home and they were really helpful.
biscuit

Post by biscuit »

You can try Finches bike shop in Forest Hill (I think it's on Stanstead Road, SE23). Deans garage in Beckenham is also very good. Good luck with the purchase.
crimson1

Post by crimson1 »

I got advice from Finches and thought they were very good.
mdr

Post by mdr »

De vere cycles in Streatham is a very good shop. They do a very large range - from basic models up to the top of the tree. The people in the shop are extremely knowledgeable and friendly. They also take 'cycle to work' vouchers, which, if you are employed and your employer is part of the scheme is a great way to save some money!
girl_canuck

SE20 Cycles

Post by girl_canuck »

SE20 Cycles is the name of the little shop in Penge, on Maple Street. I recently bought a bike from them, and my husband had his bike serviced. It's one of those rare, fantastic local shops where you get to know the owner (Winston). He puts loads back into the community, doing childrens bike clubs etc. I really couldn't recommend the shop more!!!

And I love my new bike :D
leenewham

Post by leenewham »

Would you use a local bike store?

Perhaps something like this?

http://forum.sydenham.org.uk/viewtopic. ... 85996cc2e1