Estate Agents on Silverdale..

Friendly chat, questions, reviews, find old friends or relatives. Not limited to Sydenham only issues but keep it civil!
jonekt

Estate Agents on Silverdale..

Post by jonekt »

What would everyone like the old estate agents on the highstreet (corner of silverdale) to be..?

I think its a fab location and size. with big windows. I think it would make a great 'thai on the corner' or intimate little eatery in the evening.

I'd love more restaurants to choose from in an evening...
Ronski

Post by Ronski »

a Thai would be great. I worry with the current economic climate & the 6 or so new empty shops that have appeared in the last 6 months it might be a while before we see one?
Barty

Post by Barty »

OMG not another eaterie / cafe, please!!!!

Something completely different.....a little gift shop, or New Age shop, or something.
Eagle

Post by Eagle »

What is this issue of wishing what we would like in each empty shop.

Guess pure economics will decide.

A branch of Fortnum and Mason would be nice , but .
Barty

Post by Barty »

Nothing wrong with indulging in a little fantasy or wishful thinking.

You never know, someone with the power to influence what opens up there may just read the forum and take notice of local opinion.

On the other hand, maybe someone will open a cafe or a chicken shop. We have Dallas, Morley's and Favourite - still plenty of room for a KFC, a Chicken Cottage, Tennessee Chicken........
sophie

Post by sophie »

I really really miss Lokal, the original Turkish place on the high street. Anyone else have fond memories of going there? Don't think Proctor's would be big enough for it but please NO MORE CHICKEN AND CHIPS PLACES!!!!!!!!!!
Barty

Post by Barty »

Help me! My tongue had lodged itself firmly in my cheek .... :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:
Monica

Post by Monica »

I'm with Sophie, Lokal was amazing - and always busy! It was often really hard to get a table in there. They can't have shut shop because of economics? Something like that, or a Thai, would be amazing.