Trains/Travel Disruption

The place for serious discussion, announcements and breaking news about Sydenham
mysti77

Post by mysti77 »

I haven't tried yet, going to leave home in about 30 minutes to see what it's like out there.

Wish me luck!

Thanks for the updates Bartie (and others as well)
Cathy

Post by Cathy »

Couldn't even get on the 9.33 ish train that turned up :cry:

And those steps at Sydenham - very, very, very dangerous :x
poulet

Post by poulet »

For people going on other line - the trains are running from Penge East / Sydenham Hill aproximately every half hour, but no info on the screens to say when they are due so you just have to sit, wait and hope!
Suzee

Post by Suzee »

Didn't dare try the train so left home after 9am, got a 75 to Lewisham and then DLR (after 15 min wait) to Bank. Was a slow journey but seated all the way and handy if you work in that part of London. Will probably try to come back that way tonight.
Question - should I have tried to use my season ticket on the bus and DLR rather than pay with my Oyster pre-pay?
Frangipan

Post by Frangipan »

I agree that the stairs are treacherous.

Does anyone know if there will be early finishing trains tonight? I thought a few beers to avoid the rush might be a good idea, but I don't want to be stranded.
natbeuk

Post by natbeuk »

Do we know if trains back from London Bridge to Sydenham this evening are likely to be half-hourly only?
I'm not clear on this from Southern's website, and NR are still showing trains running every 10mins or so but we know their site isn't accurate....

Just wondering how early I'll need to leave work to stand a chance of getting on a train at a decent hour!
Eagle

Post by Eagle »

Melting well back in SE 26 however I would not risk hanging about after work incase there are problems
You can always have a pint in The Bridgehouse ( second thoughts perhaps not )
Weeble

Post by Weeble »

Suzee wrote:Question - should I have tried to use my season ticket on the bus and DLR rather than pay with my Oyster pre-pay?
According to Southern's website, yes you should:
London Buses are accepting Southern tickets on all reasonable routes between 07:00-10:00 & 16:00-19:00. London Underground are accepting Southern tickets on all rreasonable routes until the close of service today.
Weeble

Post by Weeble »

With trains only scheduled to run once every half hour, I think I'll be taking the bus home rather than facing a frustrating fight at London Bridge.
lambchops

Post by lambchops »

Please sign below to petition Barty to hand out beers at Sydders station in the interests of Southern Customer Service:

Lambchops.

Don't get stuck into the staff! It's the wankers above who have **** it up by not planning properly when given forewarning.
Barty

Post by Barty »

Correction....

Please sign petition to BUY barty a beer at Syd station :D :D
natbeuk

Post by natbeuk »

Ok, I've been trying to find out what time the trains will be running from London Bridge and from what I can tell it's 5 and 35 mins past the hour... can anyone confirm that I've got this right (or wrong)?
Barty

Post by Barty »

I start work at 1530 today - I'll check on that and let you know. I understand that services that would have run between London Bridge and Sutton are now running between LB and West Croydon - so Syd is now served by 6 trains per hour - two from West Croy and 2 from Purley into London Bridge and vice versa, plus the LBG to Vic via Palace half hourly services.
natbeuk

Post by natbeuk »

Thanks Barty, would be great if you could clarify :)
Jessie

Post by Jessie »

Can anyone tell me if there are any trains going from Lower Sydenham yet?
I don't think i can face all the packed trains going into Sydenham or even geting the 176 bus as it took me soooo long on the bus this morning.
Jess
lizzie

Post by lizzie »

According to the Southeastern site, trains are now running between Lewisham and Hayes. A bit confusing - assuming they are not starting at London Bridge because they had problems in the Lewisham area earlier. I think LB to Sydenham will be a better bet this evening.
lambchops

Post by lambchops »

Can anyone tell me if the yellow snow at the end of platform 1 is still OK to eat?

Ta.
Gaz

Post by Gaz »

lambchops wrote:Can anyone tell me if the yellow snow at the end of platform 1 is still OK to eat?

Ta.
You little tinker! :lol:

You literally made me LOL at work - which was a bit embarassing... :oops:

I did the 176/40 bus in today. Quite pleasant but took ages. As I work near Aldgate I think I'll do this as a return unless the trains from LB are confirmed to be working ok.

Would have liked a pint around here first to let the masses do their stampede; just don't want to risk getting stranded in Town though.
Barty

Post by Barty »

Barty wrote:I start work at 1530 today - I'll check on that and let you know. I understand that services that would have run between London Bridge and Sutton are now running between LB and West Croydon - so Syd is now served by 6 trains per hour - two from West Croy and 2 from Purley into London Bridge and vice versa, plus the LBG to Vic via Palace half hourly services.
Can confirm what I guessed to be the case. plenty from LB to Syd tonight.

SERVICE FINISHES ABOUT 2200 though
natbeuk

Post by natbeuk »

Thanks Barty, you're a star!