Oystergate: Showdown Time

The place for serious discussion, announcements and breaking news about Sydenham
goonerchamp

Post by goonerchamp »

if you had a valid ticket - you'd have been able to get through right?? :roll:
bensonby

Post by bensonby »

goonerchamp wrote:if you had a valid ticket - you'd have been able to get through right?? :roll:
You'd think so wouldn't you? Well, I have a valid pass and I can't get through the barriers without being let through.....

And no, its not a "bensonby special" nasaroc... :roll:
goonerchamp

Post by goonerchamp »

Can't you go to the station where you got it an be issued a replacement ?
I might need to do the same - my oyster is requiring two or three swipes before its registered now !!

bloody technology - bring back fare dodging I say ! :wink:
Chazza

Post by Chazza »

Does anyone know if there has been any update on when we'll be able to use Oyster Pay as You Go at Sydenham? I'm sick of having to spend nearly a tenner on a travelcard to make a return journey that would cost £4 on PAYG.
bensonby

Post by bensonby »

Chazza wrote:Does anyone know if there has been any update on when we'll be able to use Oyster Pay as You Go at Sydenham? I'm sick of having to spend nearly a tenner on a travelcard to make a return journey that would cost £4 on PAYG.
I'm not sure how PAYG would end up being significantly cheaper...if you are just making the return journey, why don't you just buy a return to town? Or if you are doing a return to central london why don't you buy a return+zone1?

And how much is a travelcard these days?!!?
girl_canuck

Post by girl_canuck »

Chazza wrote:Does anyone know if there has been any update on when we'll be able to use Oyster Pay as You Go at Sydenham? I'm sick of having to spend nearly a tenner on a travelcard to make a return journey that would cost £4 on PAYG.
Hmmm indeed.... it's annoying when we just want to make a trip up to Regents park and my husband has to pay £7-something to go there and back. (Free for me, because I have a 1-4 travelcard).

I had a friend the other day from Bristol visit me. She spent the day touring around London on her PAYG Oyster, and had reached the daily cap. She was pretty shocked when I told her she was then going to have to pay more money to buy a ticket from Victoria to Sydenham.
bensonby

Post by bensonby »

Hmmm indeed.... it's annoying when we just want to make a trip up to Regents park and my husband has to pay £7-something to go there and back. (Free for me, because I have a 1-4 travelcard).
Again, if it's just a return trip why don't you just buy a return to London +1?

effectively a return from Sydenham to an underground station....