Pregnancy Classes/ groups

Forum for families to exchange information on children's activities, schools and share the travails of parenthood
jonekt

Pregnancy Classes/ groups

Post by jonekt »

Hi, does anyone know of any good pregnancy classes in the area (yoga/ swimming etc) ? Looking to meet others in the area who are also expecting. Looking for classes outside working hours or on weekends.

Thanks!!
Kirkdalian

Re: Pregnancy Classes/ groups

Post by Kirkdalian »

Oaktree yoga does a pregnancy class at Energie gym in Forest Hill, I found it pretty good for the late stages of pregnancy. I don't know that much else about special pregnancy exercise classes, in general you can just do your regular exercise unless you have some sort of complication…

A good way to meet other expectant parents is through Forest Hill NCT. They organise a 'Bumps night out' and then a tea at someone's house after your baby is born. The mums tend to organise themselves for regular meet ups after that. I met that quite a few mums that way that I still see at playgroups now and again. Jut check out the NCT website for details or a contact address. you don't need to be a member or pay anything to take part.
Willy

Post by Willy »

My wife does pregnancy yoga at Holy Trinity Church on Lennard road, wednesdays at 6:45
http://katyb-yoga.co.uk/articles_118922.html
robbieduncan

Post by robbieduncan »

Depending where you are in Sydenham the Beckenham and Borders NCT group may be closer: that's the one we attended...