Busses

The place for serious discussion, announcements and breaking news about Sydenham
cockneyrebel

Re: Busses

Post by cockneyrebel »

England are playing crap.

As I said I support every group of workers who fight for better pay. If street cleaners, catering workers or whoever else good on them.

It's simply not true to say the bosses don't end up paying. Every single gain workers have had came through fighting for it. As said what is your alternative, just let them walk all over us, doff your cap and humbly accept low wages and ever decreasing living standards as the rich get ever more loaded?

The reason the media over here slate French workers is because the rich own the media and they hate the fact that French workers will stand up for themselves and take some of the profits back. Profits that are all produced by workers in the first place.

[ Post made via Mobile Device ] Image
Annie.

Post by Annie. »

I dont think with the millions out of work that we are in a fighting position at the moment,the employers really do not care whether you go or stay,even if you are good at your job,they have lots to to choose from,
When I first started work you could leave a job friday and have a new one to start monday,its not like that now I wish it was. We have to be realistic in a recession.

Bum-Italys won!

cockneyrebel

Post by cockneyrebel »

Even more reason to fight in my view. The money is there. There is no recession for the rich, they are wealthier than ever.

The RMT show what you can do and are still getting half decent pay rises.

Italy were far better, I can't really complain. Germany will be better again.

Annie.

Post by Annie. »

Germany v Spain I reckon.
I still dont like the bonus system, just put the wages up across the board thats what I say ;0))

cockneyrebel

Post by cockneyrebel »

Agree on both accounts :)

maestro

Post by maestro »

cockneyrebel wrote:England are playing crap.

Maybe they'd have given a much better performance if they'd demanded a bonus before the game and simply refused to play if they didn't get it? :)
CaptainCarCrash

Post by CaptainCarCrash »

Oh dear!

Going back to the OP, I had a work appraisal on Friday in the city, I walked a fair bit, in new boots so my feet were dead. I was in there for three hours which is incredible really, they spent the time telling me how brilliant I am :D and annoyed the guy that was before me because they told him how brilliant I was as well :lol: Seriously I was amazed considering I only work about three days a month since November 2011 but get paid a full salary.

Anyway, a celebratory drink was required so I got drunk, the tube got suspended so I waited about 30 mins, the knock on affect was that I missed my train and had to go to Deptford and get a cab :(

I fully support any industrial action when an unfair demand is placed on workers with no obvious benefit, considering all other public transport workers are to be rewarded why not the bus drivers?

England were made to look really shabby by Italy but they did quite well getting where they did in the tournament. At least we beat our nemesis team and considering we do not have enough class in our national side I thought they did quite well really and should hold their heads high, Ashley Young had a really bad game and at that level the whole team were less than average, having said this Hodgson did us proud tbf.
Annie.

Post by Annie. »

Their wages are almost as big as the national debt of a small country! I think they should pay us to watch them.
Theres probably some poor boy out there who has the skill but hasnt the luck that many of our players have had.
Overpaid and under played, we need a younger squad!

CaptainCarCrash

Annie. wrote: Overpaid and under played, we need a younger squad!

Instead of expensive imports we need grass roots players to be developed properly.

Football is broken in this country, I read a stat over the weekend that many Euro countries have a decent number of qualified coaches and we only have about 3000, see link for actual numbers. A large proportion of the money in football goes to the players and rightly so but it's the underinvestment from those idiots that do not really know anything about the game that are squandering this nations footballing future and as history shows this is nothing new, the future for our national team is quite bleak IMO. The wrong sort of people with the wrong sorts of power making the wrong sorts of decisions just like always.

The link is from 2010, the problem is very current and very real.

http://www.guardian.co.uk/football/2010 ... ge-england
Eagle

Post by Eagle »

This , rather like Galloway's , going of subject , but probably not a bad idea.

People like cockney rebel working for local government with gold plated pensions do not live in the real world.
CaptainCarCrash

Eagle wrote:
People like cockney rebel working for local government with gold plated pensions do not live in the real world.
As it goes Eagle I quite like the cut of his jib tbh.
Annie.

Post by Annie. »

You only work 3 days a month but get full pay? Thats a good deal you have for yourself there.

14BradfordRoad

Post by 14BradfordRoad »

Gissa job! :D
Annie.

Post by Annie. »

I expect you earn more than £6.98 an hour too, well done on being so highly thought of.

14BradfordRoad

Post by 14BradfordRoad »

Good to see that you're back Mikecg! :D :D
It's been so quite, Sssshh!
CaptainCarCrash

Annie. wrote:You only work 3 days a month but get full pay? Thats a good deal you have for yourself there.
This will change as the year progresses, I expect that I could be allocated to anywhere in the country sometimes with little or no notice. I also have to know certain operational procedures for about 15 different corporations. Sometimes my job is really tough and I find myself under serious pressure but as a rule most of the time it runs like clockwork.
Annie. wrote:I expect you earn more than £6.98 an hour too, well done on being so highly thought of.

I'm financially quite comfortable, not rich. I have worked really hard to get the job I have now.
Like most jobs there are aspects of it I am slightly uncomfortable with but the plus points outweigh any negatives. I'm sat at home talking to you on here so it can't be that bad :D

If I get a couple more years out of this I'll be happy, As we all know only too well that all good things come to an end eventually.
14BradfordRoad wrote:Good to see that you're back Mikecg! :D :D
It's been so quite, Sssshh!
Thanks Bradford :) it's good to be back.
Annie.

Post by Annie. »

Hush -dont wake the beast! But seriously Mike,fancy telling me that when I ern such a paltry amout, Are you a Fat Cat? ;0)))))))))))

CaptainCarCrash

Annie. wrote: Are you a Fat Cat? ;0)))))))))))
Nope! but I recognise that lady luck has dealt me a decent hand over the past couple of years.
Annie.

Post by Annie. »

Well lucky you Mike, I also understand now why you can afford to be a bit ( cough cough) left wing.
I cannot afford that luxury.

CaptainCarCrash

Annie. wrote:Well lucky you Mike, I also understand now why you can afford to be a bit ( cough cough) left wing.
I cannot afford that luxury.
Compassion is free Annie. I wouldn't say that I can afford to be left wing? but I can afford to look beyond the pale. The system is at fault and any reforms must be implemented fairly and the government should protect vulnerable people and make sure that any policy changes do not push people to living on the brink, what I mean by this is that any implemented changes shouldn't push the young in to a life of drudgery that leads them down the path of gangs, drugs, prostitution and crime. They need to think very carefully on this IMO.