UPDATED Weather and travel

The place for serious discussion, announcements and breaking news about Sydenham
Rachael

Re: Weather and travel

Post by Rachael »

75 bus is running. Husband has set off for Forest Hill station to get the Overground - if I get any updates from him I'll post here.

UPDATE. He's on an overground train, had to wait about 30 minutes.

[ Post made via Mobile Device ] Image
Last edited by Rachael on 2 Dec 2010 07:44, edited 1 time in total.
G-Man

Post by G-Man »

Thanks Checkmate. Sounds madness. Overground doesn't seem to badly hit. The roads sound terrible according to the radio. Safe travelling all.

G-Man

Granine

Post by Granine »

Just got on a (very busy) train from Sydenham to London bridge. Overground is running a limited service. 

G-Man

Post by G-Man »

Thats odd as all reports are saying Southern Trains are suspended. Just heard the Overground is now suspended between New Cross and Crystal Palace and West Croydon.

CaptainCarCrash

Post by CaptainCarCrash »

Was going to drive or get the train but neither are an option so I've snowed off going to work. I'm sure the economy will survive without my services for one day.

I have driven twice this week and as a lot of my journey is down hill I'll stay off today as I've made the journey to work twice where others have cried off.

Not great, hayho.
Checkmate

Post by Checkmate »

Southern are attempting to run a limited emergency shuttle service between east croydon and london bridge calling all stations.

Checkmate

Post by Checkmate »

Southern are attempting to run a limited emergency shuttle service between east croydon and london bridge calling all stations.

richpickings

Post by richpickings »

Southern website:
Due to heavy snow fall and adverse weather conditions, most of Southern services are currently suspended.

There are no Southern services running south of East Croydon until further notice.

We are now running a half hourly service between London Bridge and East Croydon, departing at XX15 and XX45 and returning at XX20 and XX50. This service will stop at all stations.

We are currently clearing the route between London Victoria and East Croydon, and hope to introduce a half hourly shuttle service between these stations from 1000hrs. This will be a limited service with limited capacity.
Checkmate

Post by Checkmate »

Shuttles east croydon to victoria and east croydon to london bridge now operating calling all stations.

Attempting to reopen victoria to west croydon via crystal palace.

No london overground services south of new cross gate.

Gatwick express suspended, gatwick airport closed.

Donny

Post by Donny »

has anyone travelled back from london bridge this PM yet - is the half hour service running?
hilsbee

Post by hilsbee »

The half hour LB service is running and on time!! Wasn't too crowded at 4.15 - good luck to anyone trying to get home!
Hils
Rachael

Post by Rachael »

rshdunlop wrote:I'm going to see Arcade Fire tomorrow. I was thinking of getting a 75 to Lewisham and then the DLR.

Still planning to go. 75 is running and DLR looks good. Wish me luck!

Donny

Post by Donny »

hilsbee wrote:The half hour LB service is running and on time!! Wasn't too crowded at 4.15 - good luck to anyone trying to get home!
Hils
Thanks for the update - here's hoping....!
hilsbee

Post by hilsbee »

BTW - my work colleague saw Arcade Fire last night and said they were absolutely brilliant - in case anyone was wondering if it was worth while making the effort to go :)
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

Currently sitting on the 20.45 at lbg. Due now to leave at 21.25. Wish me luck.

Admin

leenewham

Post by leenewham »

Good luck and godspeed my good man!
Rachael

Post by Rachael »

hilsbee wrote:BTW - my work colleague saw Arcade Fire last night and said they were absolutely brilliant - in case anyone was wondering if it was worth while making the effort to go :)
Yes it was worth it! Absolutley stonking. And the travel was surprisingly smooth.

c4c_dave

Post by c4c_dave »

hilsbee wrote:BTW - my work colleague saw Arcade Fire last night and said they were absolutely brilliant - in case anyone was wondering if it was worth while making the effort to go :)

Yes I agree with that they were superb on Wednesday night, so good I almost tried to get a ticket to go again on the Thursday night until I realised I had no money.

I might have been lucky with travelling but it was as smooth as it ever is.
Checkmate

Post by Checkmate »

hilsbee wrote:The half hour LB service is running and on time!! Wasn't too crowded at 4.15 - good luck to anyone trying to get home!
Hils
The 1620 from East Croydon left at 1647 full and standing and then sat outside East Croydon for another ten minutes.....I didn't see the 1650 overtake it, no surprises there....

Anyway, back to today...

Southern's website is showing the half hourly service between East Croydon and London Bridge as running. Doubt it will be at the advertised times.

TfL's website is saying that services are running between West Croydon and New Cross Gate, although they were saying this yesterday when it was not the case. Very keen to hear whether it actually is or not, if anyone is out and about.

It seems that when London Overground are running okay, its all hunky dory and everyone loves them, Syd to Canada Water 8 trains an hour......but when there is any sort of disruption, LOROL's management of it and their information provision breaks down completely.
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

leenewham wrote:Good luck and godspeed my good man!
Thanks Lee it worked! Left at 21.23. Delay was due to driver having to take 'rest'. It was a 12 coacher. Full but not bulging. More people got off at Sydenham than any previous stop.

Whilst walking along Lawrie Park Road I saw 3 moving vehicles. Two were busses. So my beloved 176 reigns supreme!

Tip hat to all transport workers who got to their jobs yesterday.

The real sinner is the third rail. My journey to London involved 5 hours of train travel. No problem with diesel multiple units or electric overhead ... can't blame Southern/SouthEastern. It was a decision made a hundred years ago methinks.

Admin.