Tescos

The place for serious discussion, announcements and breaking news about Sydenham
ZANIBA

Tescos

Post by ZANIBA »

When I went to Tescos at Forest Hill I found out how scummy it was it was appalling cars were park on the forecourt. I hope I don't see this much mess here.
Newman

Coincidence?

Post by Newman »

Xaniba, someone else makes the exact same complaint on the se23 website (a character by the name of Baggydave - you can't miss him). I can't say that I've ever noticed the problem myself at Tescos London Road, so perhaps you both were there at the same time?
stuart

Post by stuart »

There is a rumour that Tesco Express is coming to Kirkdale (the whiteboarded area under the new flats). Anybody know more?
Adam

Post by Adam »

Stuart,

It wouldn't suprise me, it really wouldn't, that Tesco would take that property.

As we heard 6 months ago, they plan to have a tesco 'local' on every high street, more than the big out of town shopping experiences (you can certainly call them that!)

Any idea from the planning buffs @ LBL?
Weeble

Post by Weeble »

Groan! I was just thinking yesterday how much I enjoy using the various 'corner shop' type stores we have around Kirkdale and that end of Sydenham High Street.

They always seem to be well stocked, and whilst I wouldn't be doing my weekly shop at any of them they nearly always have what I want. And I don't think Tesco's will have a choice of yams, peppers olives etc on offer, or huge bunches of herbs, or any of the other goodies I can get now.

:evil:
fishcox

Post by fishcox »

to any normal retailer, opening in that space would be pointless, especially with the costcutter over the road, and another convenience store just next to the roundabout.

unfortunately, with their economic clout, tescos appear to be able to open wherever they want, until the competition no longer exists.

we can only blame ourselves though (by which i mean the general public) we are the ones who spend our money with them.