The NHS as we knew it !

Friendly chat, questions, reviews, find old friends or relatives. Not limited to Sydenham only issues but keep it civil!
Bazman76

Re: The NHS as we knew it !

Post by Bazman76 »

Great then we agree never thought it would happen :-)

Do you also agree with the Tories current policy of shutting hospital wards whilst encouraging tax evasion by large multinationals is wrong.
Eagle

Post by Eagle »

I do not agree with shutting hospitals unless genuine duplication of local services and I mean LOCAL.

Tax evasion I object to but a separate issue
Bazman76

Post by Bazman76 »

Tax evasion is not a seperate issue, it is because of tax evasion that the cuts are as big as they are?

The amounts being evaded by the likes of Vodaphone are far greater than that needed to keep lewisham A&E open. Lewisham A&E is being sold to raise £17m which is just a rounding error nect to the £8billion i.e. 8000 million that vodaphone alone have avaded.

So you also agree the Tories are wrong to shut hospital wards while encouraging multinational companies to pay less tax.

Wow twice in one day :-)
Eagle

Post by Eagle »

I suggest people boycott Vodafone as I am boycotting Starbucks. They will soon learn.
Bazman76

Post by Bazman76 »

Agreed I did not renew my contract and even told them why, I hope others do follow, but the politcal class in this country should not allow much less encourage such behaviour.
Eagle

Post by Eagle »

I agree 100% Bazman. Although I doubt if they encourage this situation , but I do not know.

If you are correct about Vodafone I trust all on this forum who use this company will cancel their contract.
Bazman76

Post by Bazman76 »

Eagle it's described here:

The tory exchequor secretary David Gauke really did given the presentation

http://www.aei-ideas.org/2012/09/uk-tax ... or-the-us/

It only gives an outline on the link above but you can see what they are hinting at.

A fuller account is given in Private Eye issue 1326 page 30, according to their account he boasted about how he and George Osbourne have engineered a system that is the most competitive in the G20. The result is that Apple etc pay 2% tax on their UK profits?

Labour were doing similar things but the Tories really are taking it to the max.

Their supposed rationale is that its better to get 2% of the profits rather than 0% if they relocated, but as I said before Apple, Vodaphone, Amazon etc are hardly likely to walk away from the massive sales they make in this country. So their justification really doesn't stack up in my view.
Eagle

Post by Eagle »

I could partly understand giving low tax rate if say Apple were to pour investment into the UK. As far as I know The UK is just a retail market for them.
14BradfordRoad

Post by 14BradfordRoad »

Bazman76 wrote:Agreed I did not renew my contract and even told them why, I hope others do follow, but the politcal class in this country should not allow much less encourage such behaviour.
Here's yet another off-shore company ripping off the state:
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-20157878

It appears that public sector money from State Schools could be taken by the Government
to make up this particular shortfall in Tax loss. The government stands accused of having
ignored the problem despite warnings. So not really too suprised that we will now lose local emergency sevices such as Hospital A&E's to make up the shortfall caused by privateers
ripping us all off and getting even richer while we all loose out.
This government needs to get a grip unless (I suspect) there are reasons they really can't? :?