Local pre schools

Forum for families to exchange information on children's activities, schools and share the travails of parenthood
KM

Local pre schools

Post by KM »

Any suggestions for local pre schools please? Pm me if you ould prefer. Wondering whether the pre schools attached to the schools are too big and noisy, and whether a smaller, more community based one is better for my daughter, before she starts school in September.
Thank you

[ Post made via Mobile Device ] Image
Susie1791

Re: Local pre schools

Post by Susie1791 »

My son goes to Holy Trinity Pre-School on Lennard Road (http://www.holytrinitybeckenham.org.uk/playgroup.aspx). I can highly recommend it, it's not attached to a school and the women who run it are lovely (most of them at some point had their own children attend there). Happy to answer any other questions.
NatashaM

Post by NatashaM »

My son's on the waiting list for Lammas Green pre-school. I love the atmosphere there and it's nice and small with about 30 kids attending. They are only open term time - if that's ok for you then pop in and see the manager to get an application form. Fees are very reasonable. They take them from two and a half years.
LaHibernis

Post by LaHibernis »

My children have all attended St Bart's Pre-School which meets in the church hall at the back of St Bart's Church on Westwood Hill. The environment is very calm and nurturing and has provided each of my children with an excellent 'learning through play' start to their education. Definately worth a look, although I think that there is currently a waiting list. Despite it's name it is run independently of St Bart's school.

My advice to you would be to go and visit a number of different pre-schools because you know which type of pre-school would suit your child and I think that different pre-schools suit different children.
rebeccajwilde

Post by rebeccajwilde »

There's also Adamsrill toddler group which is lovely - it's in Adamsrill school but it has it's own little hut and playground
Dotkin

Post by Dotkin »

My eldest attended the Cator Park Montessori nursery in Cator Park - the teachers were all wonderful and the setting is really lovely being actually in the park. I would really recommend them!
leenewham

Post by leenewham »

The flights are a little expensive though Gary.