Best places for Christmas trees

The place for serious discussion, announcements and breaking news about Sydenham
ALIB

Best places for Christmas trees

Post by ALIB »

So, I finally got a tree today. (please note the lack of criticism of local traders)

Initially Forest Hills Shannons Garden Centre was my first call.
Then I went to the Perry Vale exit of Forest Hill station, but they also didn't have what i was after.

Next was the car park opposite the Grove Tavern (near Dulwich Park). Very nice trees indeed. Competitively priced, but none of our liking.

So onto Penge High St, opposite Homebase. A top quality shop at very competitive prices.

Really well worth a look for good trees at fiscally attractive prices :D
digime2007

Re: Best places for Christmas trees

Post by digime2007 »

Could you give us an idea of prices?

At Perry Vale they wanted £45 for a 5ft tree. Seems a bit steep to me.
Rachael

Post by Rachael »

For next year, can I recommend Caring Christmas Trees? As the name suggests, they are a charity. In South East London they are affiliated with the Jericho Road Project in Catford, which helps rough sleepers.

You can order your tree online then pick it up from the car park in the Catford Retail Park (the one with PC World, Comet etc) or have it home delivered for an extra £6.

I get my 8ft tree home delivered, which means I don't get to pick my tree. Even though I am extremely fussy (the whole family leaves the house when I am decorating the tree as I get a little psycho about it being perfect), I trust Caring Christmas Trees to pick a good tree. This year's tree (a Nordman fir) arrived on Saturday - clearly very fresh, and an absolutely perfect shape. It cost £60 which is about standard for this size and quality of tree.

www.caringchristmastrees.com
G-Man

Post by G-Man »

We always go to Angie on Sydenham road who sets up camp outside the post office, along with her flower stall. She's always reasonable and lovely to boot.

Cheers

G-Man
ALIB

Post by ALIB »

digime2007 wrote:Could you give us an idea of prices?

At Perry Vale they wanted £45 for a 5ft tree. Seems a bit steep to me.

We got a 4ft tree for £20. I can't see a 5ft tree being anywhere near £45. And they have some connection with homeless people, but i don't understand how this works. Certainly one or two homeless people are selling trees from the shop.
It is on the other side of the Road from Homebase just by the pedestrian crossing