KIcking off in Lewisham

The place for serious discussion, announcements and breaking news about Sydenham
girl_canuck

Re: Post all the news of the Riots here (To make it easy)

Post by girl_canuck »

I've been glued to the window for the past 24 hours and can categorically confirm there has been nothing happening at the business centre above LA fitness. In fact, I've seen nothing of interest out the window at all. Where did you get the idea it's being burgled, NorthernIrelandSydenham?

[ Post made via Mobile Device ] Image
Miserableold-ishgit

Post by Miserableold-ishgit »

Evening All.
Just got back from picking my Dad up from Lewisham Hospital. Went via Brockley & Ladywell, and saw a total of 5 "Support" Policemen and about 90% of shops with Shutters down. And that was about it. Very quite. Hope it stays that way.
RedRevolver

Post by RedRevolver »

la_verita wrote:
RedRevolver wrote:
sydenhamparent wrote:x
:shock:

I know people who were almost in tears prior to going on Christmas holiday last year, because our college hadn't successfully paid some students their EMA, and for some (eh, not all, by no means) meant they'd practically starve for two weeks and be kicked out of their homes.
So stealing a pair of trainers and a new TV improves the situation?

There's videos on YouTube of the looting in Clapham last night. There's one showing a group of kids who don't look older than 15 discussing whether they should go loot some watches or not. If they're claiming this is all a strike against the disaffected youth who have no prospects what will a new watch do? They don't need to know the time if they've got nowhere to go. There's videos of kids stealing TVs from Currys and walking away. WALKING.
Um, what? I didn't say that. Don't make blanket statements ffs. My point was, EMA actually helped people who would otherwise not be able to get an education, and those people tried hard to get to where they wanted to be. They were also vulnerable too. Don't put words into my mouth, please.

Your second paragraph is completely irrelevant to my point.
NorthernIrelandSydenham

Post by NorthernIrelandSydenham »

girl_canuck wrote:I've been glued to the window for the past 24 hours and can categorically confirm there has been nothing happening at the business centre above LA fitness. In fact, I've seen nothing of interest out the window at all. Where did you get the idea it's being burgled, NorthernIrelandSydenham?

My girlfriend took this photo of them handing computers out the window, they were on a ladder. One inside and one out.

I'm uploading it now.
NorthernIrelandSydenham

NorthernIrelandSydenham

How did you miss that one? or are you just glue and not superglue..... :lol:
sydeman

Post by sydeman »

i saw that when i walked down the high street. far from someone stealing, it looked to me like someone was replacing the air conditioning unit or something similar. I can categorically say, this was no burglary in full view of everyone else down below!

This is getting into more of a problem...people assuming or making grand statements when alot of the time its a simple issue or something completly innocent.
NorthernIrelandSydenham

Right...they were handing stuff out the windows, stuff from the office within. No AC, the AC units are at the bottom of the ladder. I've seen them service the AC units before, they were not doing that.

Now why would you not use the door to clear your office of computer gear??

I had to spell it out to you, but normal people use the door to move stuff like that.
sydeman

Post by sydeman »

yes normal people would....but considering this is in front of aload of people on the ground, a bus, plus everyone else going on, they were not exactly taking there time in shifting the 'stolen' goods...why burgle a building like this when they can go around the back and get in without people knowing...
sydeman

Post by sydeman »

So i assume your girlfriend phoned the police she was so sure a burglary was happening?
NorthernIrelandSydenham

They walked up with nothing but a ladder, went into the window and took stuff out, computer stuff and some bags. They left the window open when they left, it's still open.

I'm very sure what they were doing, as on my planet, this is the way thieves work

“but considering this is in front of aload of people on the ground, a bus, plus everyone else going on, they were not exactly taking there time in shifting the 'stolen' goods” –

have you been watching the news at all? lol :?

The police were called yes.
The Clown

Post by The Clown »

The picture looks genuine. The air con is mounted at floor level and appears to be piped through penetrations into the building also at low level, probably serving Fitness First rather than the business centre. This seems to have no other explanation than burglary in action. If it had been posted on any other week than this, I might not have been so ready to believe it but all bets are now off!
NorthernIrelandSydenham

It really is.

No way the owners of that office would be removing their computer gear and bags out of the window. Apart from he fact the AC service men have never went that high, my girlfriend stood and watched this going on and they were taking stuff from the office....clear as day.
Voyageur

Post by Voyageur »

NorthernIrelandSydenham wrote:It really is.

No way the owners of that office would be removing their computer gear and bags out of the window. Apart from he fact the AC service men have never went that high, my girlfriend stood and watched this going on and they were taking stuff from the office....clear as day.
It does indeed look that way.
westwood girl

Post by westwood girl »

'northernirelandsydenham'..how many people are we talking about??
sydeman

Post by sydeman »

still seems abit weird...they go to the bother of getting onto a first floor canopy, in front of loads of people, dragging a ladder to get to the second floor....when there are loads of first floor windows much more easily accessible! Oh well...i dont know anyone in the offices so we will probably never find out.

Anyway hopefully all will be back to normal tomorrow. Fed up with the wall to wall news.
Mr Tiggins

Post by Mr Tiggins »

I thought this was a joke at first glance. It looks like the sign in front of him is telling him to repent!

Malo

Post by Malo »

Lived in Sydenham for many years but now in Sydney Australia. Want you to know that thoughts are with you.

penguinoid

Post by penguinoid »

Sydenham now has its own superhero to defend us from wrong-doers. See how he watches over us from the roof Costcutter: Roof Man, we salute you!

http://yfrog.com/kiijprxj
parklife

Post by parklife »

All seems peaceful right now but left the Golden Lion about 3/4 hour ago and group of threatening looking teenagers heading up the high street