Alhambra on Kirkdale

Friendly chat, questions, reviews, find old friends or relatives. Not limited to Sydenham only issues but keep it civil!
lizzie

Alhambra on Kirkdale

Post by lizzie »

I just wanted to say that I dropped in on the Spring Soiree at Alhambra on Kirkdale this evening and was very impressed indeed. It seems to me to be exactly the kind of place that people on this forum have been crying out for for ages.

The shop sells some very nice stuff. There isn't anywhere else in Syd to buy nice gifts or unique homewares so this place is very welcome indeed. Lovely cushions and rugs and pottery. They also sell foodstuffs imported from Spain.

I sampled the tapas which was delicious. The veggie paella was really very nice indeed and the gazpacho was lovely. I went with my friend who is visiting from Madrid and she was also very impressed with the food. We chatted with the chef and turns out she has lived in Spain for quite a while. Apparently from today they are serving tapas from the little cafe behind the shop every lunchtime.

I suggest that we should all be supporting Alhambra as a really good, and very welcome, new local business.

Liz
MiniFox

Post by MiniFox »

I totally agree
I've bought a number of things from there now and its lovely
Unusual and well made, well priced things
The cushions are beautiful. I've bought 3 for my baby girl's room. It's been my first stop for gifts although now back at work its harder to go in