Clothing repairs

Friendly chat, questions, reviews, find old friends or relatives. Not limited to Sydenham only issues but keep it civil!
Chazza

Clothing repairs

Post by Chazza »

Can anyone recommend one of the various dry cleaners on the high street to repair my damaged snowboarding jacket to a good standard?
Ulysses

Post by Ulysses »

I have had nothing but excellent results from the dry-cleaners between Knighton Park Road and Kent House Road. Don't let the outward appearance of the place put you off. It's run by a really friendly couple and she's a demon with that sewing machine. Their dry-cleaning is excellent too.

The same can be said of the one by Sydenham station. I last used them a few years back but the results then were good.

If you value your clothes then avoid Aplanda at all costs. Memorably when I went back to complain the man even had the audacity to say "that is not my thread so I couldn't have done the work"...it was plain black thread!?
randomv

Post by randomv »

The ones suggested above are prob more convenient to you given your location, but just to say I've used Aquar dry cleaners in Penge (High St, opposite Homebase) a few times for alterations and have been very pleased with them. They open late too.
HTH
mdr

Post by mdr »

I have had numerous suits altered by the lady in the dry cleaners on Kirkdale - the red dry cleaners next to Rams and the fish and chip shop. I can thoroughly recommend her. She's quick and the work is high standard. Only prob is that isn't in the shop every day, so best telephoning ahead to find out when she will be in. Telephone number found on internet = +44 (0)20 8291 6688