Evening rush hour trains from LB cut by one third in 2010

The place for serious discussion, announcements and breaking news about Sydenham
nasaroc

Post by nasaroc »

Platform building at LB restricting capacity? Not for many others in the Borough it seems.

From 13 December 2009, the following timetable increases will come into effect:

Blackheath to LB - off peak services to be increased from 4tph to 6tph
Hither Green to LB - Total number of trains during morning peak to be increased from 23 to 25 trains; off peak services to be increased from 6tph to 8tph
Grove Park to LB – off peak services to be increased from 2tph to 4tph
Lewisham to LB – Total number of trains during morning peak to be increased from 34 to 39 trains; off peak services to be increased from 10tph to 12tph

So whilst we are being offered a wholescale downgrading of our services to LB, other commuters just a few miles away are being offered the exact opposite.
poulet

Post by poulet »

It beggars belief that they can consider cutting these services - I am lucky enough to no longer commute to London Bridge, but Mrs Poulet does. The services at present from about 17:30 until 19:00 are currently jam packed and it can be a struggle to get on.

There may be some routes that are even busier, but plenty that are quieter. Have Southern actually done any studies on the number of people using the services?
Ronski

Post by Ronski »

I'm not going to be able to make the meeting, anyone who is there please stress at how ridiculous the rush hour is coming from London Bridge in the evenings & how any cut backs will make it much worse. If anyone sets up an online petition please post any links on here.

I came to Sydenham partly because of the transport links & housing, depending on how the next 6 to 12 months go transport wise I'm not sure if I'll want to stay.
nasaroc

Post by nasaroc »

Ronski - Sorry you can't make the meeting. But I think you've put it in a nutshell. If we don't get the very best future rail transport system we can achieve, many of the hopes for future regeneration of our area will be set back.

Don't leave it to someone else to fight for the future of Sydenham. Get along to this meeting.

7.30pm Naborhood Centre Thursday 17th September
Thomas

Post by Thomas »

Good luck Nasaroc and others in the campaign. Worth noting that Southeastern are actually planning to increase morning peak services from December onwards from Syd Hill to Victoria and from Lower Syd to both London Bridge and Cannon Street, and are not planning to reduce services (including from Lower Syd to Charing Cross), so why can't the same happen for Sydenham services?

-------------
The discussion continues here: http://sydenham.org.uk/forum/viewtopic.php?t=3888

Admin