Party off Lawrie Park Road

Friendly chat, questions, reviews, find old friends or relatives. Not limited to Sydenham only issues but keep it civil!
MiniFox

Party off Lawrie Park Road

Post by MiniFox »

I'd like to thank whatever good citizen shared their allnighter, located just off Colvin Close, and their charming guests with us, ensuring I got my required two hours sleep. What with being six months pregnant, and their being special needs residents in Colvin Close, it really doesnt matter too much that we've had to listen to the comings and goings all night. I'm particularly grateful for the RNB played at volumes to make my windows bleed and the introduction to what's sure to become a classic "I cant stop ****ing you baby."
As I dont know where the party is and its not the party itself disturbing me but the rowdiness and selfishness of the guests leaving, arriving, sticking music on in the car at volumes unbearable and antisocial levels even for the day, screaming at each other from 100 yards distance and urinating in the street (presumably the party didnt have bathrooms). I'm not some old fart - I'm 37 and like a good party but I cant believe the numbers of antisocial ********. There are still people staggering down Colvin Close to waiting cars now
How utterly depressing
Cheese Wotsits

Post by Cheese Wotsits »

You may find this helpful:

Noise pollution

If you are having a problem with noise pollution, our officers will investigate and take action if the noise is considered to be a statutory nuisance.
When is noise nuisance a statutory nuisance?

Noise nuisance is covered by the Environmental Protection Act 1990. This law empowers local authorities to deal with noise from fixed premises. Before action can be taken we have to be sure that the noise constitutes a statutory nuisance.

This means that we have to prove that the noise is prejudicial to health and/or is causing an unreasonable and persistent disturbance to your lifestyle.

There are a number of different sources of noise pollution and therefore the service is categorised into the following:

* neighbourhood noise (for example, loud music)
* commercial noise (for example, noisy machinery, pubs and clubs)
* aircraft or other transport noise

Contact us
Environmental Enforcement
Tel: 020 8314 2170

They only work between certain hours, but mostly at night to stop this sort of thing and they can be busy. I had problems years back and they were helpful. People should be more considerate and unfortunately a lot of 'RnB' 'music' is downright offensive and played on very powerful and bassy speakers.
MiniFox

Post by MiniFox »

Hey CheeseWotsits. Thanks for the reply. That was kind of you. I called the Helpdesk at about 630am. I'd had enough (although they carried on tipping out and into waiting cars and conducting their conversations at the top of their voices til about 9am) - I was told "sorry madam but the noise service is closed!" How very useful at the weekend.
I should have called sooner I guess, but the problem was actually I didnt know where the party was held and with a lot of drunk people at the party, I didnt want to venture out into the street in the middle of the night to find out. And I was so furious I knew I'd probably get into an interesting conversation with someone from the party so decided it was wisest not to invite more trouble.
I am absolutely shattered now and really really fed up. I am in such a foul mood, my day is ruined. It's hard enough to sleep when you are pregnant and that's the second ruined night's sleep I've had. There are a couple of hotspots on our road for this type of stuff and people do seem to like to park up outside our house and play their offensive sh*** all times of the day and night. Unfortunately for us, and the residents of Colvin Close, all of the cars for this party were outside our place. I've lived here a long time but I always forget that its this dreadful in the summer. In this heat, you have to sleep with the windows open and there isnt a night go by when some drunken prat wakes us by mouthing off in the middle of the night as they are passing by. Is it just me, or is Lawrie Park Road inhabited solely by drunks and RNB nuts with souped up cars that they like to play their bass out of whilst leaving their engines running for hours on end?
I'm starting to hate living here due to the anti social gits in the neighbourhood. Sorry for the rant. I'm sick to death of people who know their rights when you ask them to modify their behaviour but who dont give a damn about doing what's right
bensonby

Post by bensonby »

ask them nicely to stop, when they tell you to "f off" call the police and *bang* they are in the cells for D&D.

If they are swearing/being abusive as it is then don't even bother to ask them (if you feel intimidated or whatever - although it is good evidence if you have already asked them).