Inspire Beauty

Friendly chat, questions, reviews, find old friends or relatives. Not limited to Sydenham only issues but keep it civil!
Barty

Post by Barty »

ALIB wrote:And I commend you Barty for your investigative skills.
Didn't take much in the way of investigative skills......the top box had something about a spray tan unit printed on it, and the one underneath had a courier's label showing the delivery address :lol: :lol: didn't need to be Sherlock Holmes for that one.....
ALIB

Post by ALIB »

So was the pile of rubbish some distance from the shop, or was it just outside their property, pending removal?

I have no idea where IB is in relation to Silverdale
Barty

Post by Barty »

IB is about four or five shops down the high street in a Somerfield/Slatters direction from the corner of Silverdale.

The rubbish was about 20 metres down Silverdale in an empty-sorting-office direction next to some wheelie bins.
Barty

Post by Barty »

ALIB wrote:I would rather the shop owners of Inspire Beauty responded to the allegation of fly-tipping to this forum...... i would want them to have the right to reply to Barty's comments.......Over to you 'Inspire Beauty'......
:?:
InspireBeauty

Rubbish

Post by InspireBeauty »

Hi

Sian here, Inspire Beauty

I was unaware that any rubbish had been placed in Silverdale

It is a bit unclear as to where our rubbish is to be left as we have no allocated outside bins. The shop a couple of doors away said that we are to leave it infront of the shop next to the public bin, or on the corner of Sydenham Road & Silverdale to be collected by the rubbish truck.

I can only think that it was put next to the wheelie bins in order to be picked up.

I will however investigate further as to exactly what provisions there are for the shops.

Apologies for any inconvenience
InspireBeauty

Post by InspireBeauty »

Susie1791 wrote:After reading all the positive comments on here, I rang to make an appointment, but their telephone manner leaves alot to be desired, a grumpy hello, I wasn't even sure I had the right number until I asked, when requested a appointment, I got a dour 'we're fully booked', offering no alternatives, hmmm, new business...think it could try a little harder to be encouraging to potential customers.
Hi Susie

Not sure who answered the phone to you but we try very hard to welcome all new customers and you are most definitely welcome to experience a treatment to change your initial view of us - I reccommend a facial

Apologis if we were fully booked but call or pop in and ask to speak to Sian and I'll sort something out for you

Thanks
ALIB

Post by ALIB »

Thanks for the posts IB. You are doing a good job of public relations. Most businesses have the odd hiccup from time to time, but it's how you deal with it that really counts.
Keep up the good work. I walked past your shop the evening and it looks very professional.
Barty

Post by Barty »

Hello Sian,

You're right, you'll have no wheelie bin with an address on the high street, in common with the residential addresses over the shops.

Residents in the flats are delivered orange bags from the Council's waste collection people, Envirocall ....

http://www.lewisham.gov.uk/Environment/ ... Recycling/

and place these outside on the high street for collection in specific one-hour time slots....there are three collections per day I think on Monday - Saturday, and two on Sunday.

I've seen pink bags as well as the residential orange ones, perhaps trade rubbish goes in different coloured bags? But Envirocall should be able to help you and confirm the time slots.

Hope this helps :) [/url]
InspireBeauty

Post by InspireBeauty »

Thank you ALIB & Barty

I will get onto it first thing today
Barty

Post by Barty »

Nice one :)

Good to see a new business on here turning a negative into a positive, (and welcome to the Forum by the way!) much as Kente have done (nice new coffee shop/cafe on the other side of the road from you guys a bit further up towards the station)

It's all good :)
jonekt

Post by jonekt »

I also really like the way they text you with discounts and offers too - i haven't had that from any of the other nail bars and beauticans in sydenham and I think its a great idea. It has reminded me to book up...
Cheese Wotsits

Post by Cheese Wotsits »

I called to make an appointment to have my hair cut a couple of days ago. I was asked if I had european or 'african' hair (I think she used that term). Then I was told that at the moment they could only cut african hair. What a shame, you would have thought a hairdresser will be able to do any kind of hair. I've been there before and it was good. Instead I went to mastercuts.