Dr Murray from Sydenham Road

Friendly chat, questions, reviews, find old friends or relatives. Not limited to Sydenham only issues but keep it civil!
nannyjacks

Dr Murray from Sydenham Road

Post by nannyjacks »

Hi I hope someone can help.Many years ago there used to be a Dr.s surgery with a Dr called Dr Murray I know he will be long dead by now but does anyone know whether his practice was incorporated into another one It used to be at the bottom of Sydenham Road and at that time there was only Dr Murray's or the other Dr Wylde who had a tiny surgery on the top of Sydenham Railway Bridge. I was born in 1945 over A.B Makepeace's chemist shop where my late father was the chemist there.This is a family history query so any information would be gratefully received.I lived in Sydenham for awhile until we moved to Blackheath for 10 years but my Mum missed Sydenham so much we moved back to Lawrie Park Gardens where I lived until I finally left in 1962.I daresay it has changed quite a bit since then and I only have fond memories of Sydenham and the lovely Criterion Ice cream parlour at the bottom of the High street