Halloween in Sydenham 4pm Monday 31 October

The place for serious discussion, announcements and breaking news about Sydenham
Chris Best

Halloween in Sydenham 4pm Monday 31 October

Post by Chris Best »

Just a reminder that we are meeting outside the Coop at 4pm for trick or treating along the high street. The judging for the best costume will be at 5.15 at the Naborhood Centre (next to the Post Office).

We will be joined by our local MP Jim Dowd and the PCSO for the high street Carly who will help with the judging of the children’s fancy dress. There are three categories – under and over 7s, and best home-made costume with the medals donated by Classic Trophies and the prizes by the Co-op. A big thank you to the 30 plus shops who have agreed to particpate and who will be displaying a pumpkin flyer in their windows on Monday.

My thanks to members of the Sydenham Town Centre Steering Group who have helped with the organisation.
Annie

Re: Halloween in Sydenham 4pm Monday 31 October

Post by Annie »

I saw the parade,it was lovely to see so many people involved, the Children seemed to be really enjoying themselves,
Well done to all of you who organised and took part in it.
It heartened me to think of the good that goes on in Sydenham,
which I am not always aware of. :D
mosy

Post by mosy »

Thanks for the heads up. I was hoping to go along, just to witness, and happily I did :)

It was amazing - the number of children and the amount of effort that had clearly gone into their costumes. The children all seemed delighted.

I walked along among the ghosts, ghouls, witches, skeletons, zombies, all manner of monsters...

Hopefully there will be some photos up somewhere at some point?
JoeP

Post by JoeP »

My kids went to this and had a wonderful time. It's great to see something so positive happening on the high street. A big thank you to all involved.

[ Post made via Mobile Device ] Image
Tim Lund

Post by Tim Lund »

JoeP wrote:My kids went to this and had a wonderful time. It's great to see something so positive happening on the high street. A big thank you to all involved.
It's hard to be sure about this, but I think those involved will include many of the same people promoting the mosaic. It would be nice for them to come on this site and accept bouquets in person :D
Annie

Post by Annie »

They deserve it then Tim. :D
Tim Lund

Post by Tim Lund »

Annie wrote:They deserve it then Tim. :D
Of course they do, and hope someone will let them know that their work has been appreciated here - that this Forum is not just a place for sniping.
Annie

Post by Annie »

Thats why I said thanks,sometimes we are so busy slagging off the bad that we forget the good done by so many people we don't know, possibly will never know.

I would also like to say how delightful the trick and treaters were when they rang my bell,all of them were polite and respectful. ok I did treat them but it was a pleasure. :D